Saturday, September 08, 2007
Yarn and Booze
So...we found out that one has to make reservations to camp in the redwood forest state parks (both of them), so the camping trip got canceled and rescheduled for sometime in the near future. We do however, have other plans for a great weekend. Today, we headed downtown to Rose's favorite yarn store for materials that will eventually comprise a kitty hat (or hat with cat ears). Then on to Molinari's deli in North beach for some fresh, store made pasta, store made italian sausage and bolognese sauce, and some bread for dinner. This is the same store where Rose got me my new favorite brand of Moscato d' Asti (a less bubbly sweet champagney style beverage). Onto the City Beer Store where I picked out a few belgian beers that I'm sure Rose will make a squishy, "that's gross" face at. We're heading to the lower haight later to a used furniture store to hopefully find a cheap end table. Tomorrow we're going kayaking in the bay. I've never been kayaking before, it should be interesting. There's also some cool happenings coming up this month. Some cool bands are coming here, such as: The Slackers, a ska/rocksteady band that I used to love and I thought were no longer together, The Birthday Massacre, a new wavy, gothy, elctro type band that I've never seen before, but am pretty excited to see, and Ladytron, an excellent electro band that I missed last time they were here. I was still in Omaha finishing out my last week with the post office. Also, this month's critical mass is like the 22nd anniversary ride, so it will be HUGE. Lots o' things to do. Gotta go do some o' those things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I thought it was the 15th anniversary of Critical Mass? Either way, sounds fun to me. I'm off to my own yarn store in a little bit... to knit, knit knit!
umm, I'm really not sure...somewhere between 15th and 22nd. probably.
Post a Comment