Thursday, January 24, 2008

Miso Pretty

As some of you may know, Johnny and I have been devoting ludicrous amounts of time to locating fun new foods and restaurants. One would think this was an easy task, given our current address. One would be wrong. More than a year is passed, and still no Chinese. Aiii-ya.

However, a small victory was had today in the war on boring food! Thanks to a Japanese coworker of mine, I just enjoyed a glorious bowl of miso soup that I prepared all by myself. Johnny wasn't even here to supervise! Wheee! Those of you more familiar with my limited (ahem) cooking skills will be able to appreciate how monumentous all this really is.



In other gastronomical news, we found a superb seafood restaurant as well, by the name of Pacific Catch. Made famous by an Ipod phone ad campaign, the restaurant has enjoyed enough recent success to open a restaurant in our neighborhood. We couldn't help but stumble upon it since the new location falls directly along our work commute!

2 comments:

JLGB said...

Hooray for Rose! (I'm proud of you.)

Anonymous said...

that is quite impressive rose...and beautiful to boot! might i get the recipe?