Since Rose is in B-more this weekend, I headed on down to Santa Cruz and went mountain biking with some guys from MTBR at Soquel Demonstration Forest. Not to sound ghetto, but it was DA BOMB, perhaps even the DA BOMB-BIZZLE. Built and maintained by mountain bikers, it's easily the best trail system I've ever ridden. It's also where venerable bike companies such as Santa Cruz, Cannondale, Marin, and Specialized test their products. Winding down through old growth redwoods, 5 different trails provide twisty single track, loads of log rides and jumps, and an insane rock garden section. very steep, lots of rocks and drop-offs. And no hikers or Equestrian riders (if no one knows what equestrian means, I will tell you. It means an uptight asshole on a horse, who thinks he/she owns the trail and would like nothing better than to see bikes banned from all trails in California. They are making good progress toward just that goal.) That's straight from the dictionary. Look it up. Needless to say, I had a blast, and if it wasn't an hour and a half away, I would go there every day. After finally getting a chance to put my new bike through its paces, I must say that it is also DA BOMB. At 32 pounds, it's not the lightest bike, but it climbs better than my old 575. And downhill? fuhggeddaboutit. This bike really can do everything well. It's unusual for a product to live up to advertising. I salute the boys at Santa Cruz. This bike makes me a better rider. I landed sketchy a few times, stuff that would have thrown me on my old bike, but it was all good. If my bike could talk, it would say, "I know you're a mediocre rider at best, johnny. Don't worry. I'll take care of it." To top off this great day without the ball and chizz-ain, I'm gonna hit the bar and then the strip club, and by bar and strip club I mean sushi restaurant and our couch for some Star Trek: Enterprise. Maybe they'll find a believable scenario for T'Pol to undress on this disk.
Part of my tendency toward using words such as DA BOMB in this post can be attributed the the video below. Anyone who knows me knows that I loathe hip-hop and rap, but this video made me laugh. I really really didn't want to laugh. but I did anyway. I feel vaguely ashamed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My question is...What were you looking for on YouTube that you came across THIS??????
Wait, I don't want to know.
I actually clicked on a link of a guy who was on a surfboard with a fishing pole and a steak,hooked a shark, and was towed behind it on the surfboard. The link tot he video was on the site that hosted the shark surfing video.
Post a Comment