
That's right, it's been 3 weeks. So here he is, in our apartment, our very own little fuzzball. The tall fellow insists he lives here too, though I'm not too sure about that part.
We've made a few other changes, as well. Those of you who have a knack for detail may notice that the settings seem a little off. That's because these two characters are in the new apartment on the Oakland/Piedmont border. Seriously, our street divides the two. It's rather confusing as far as which street it is, and which side our fourplex is on, but since mail gets sorted by zipcode anyway I've been told I can put down whichever town my little black heart desires. So if I'm feeling a little crunchy I can do Oakland, a little silky smooth Piedmont. FYI, Oakland is the place several hiphop artists laud as their hometown for street cred. Interesting. Piedmont is known for being a fants-pantsy kinda place. If you don't know what fants-pantsy is, visit Homestarrunner.com and click on "sb emails" at the bottom, then select "love poems" from the menu. You'll see.
In other news, I'm ending my full time position at UCSF and going per diem in anticipation of starting UC Berkeley in 2 weeks. I say anticipation, because the fabulous people in the Registrar's office can't seem to get it together and decide whether or not to classify me as a resident or nonresident in the state of California. If they choose the latter, I will be forced to defer enrollment until next semester as we have no way to pay the extra $10,000.00 in tuition fees. Per semester. Even if they don't, we'll be struggling as I made the mistake of assuming I could take out subsidized student loans to cover our living expenses, such as rent and food. All I qualify for are unsubsidized. If anyone has any advice on how to find money for school we're all ears.
Back to something happier, we love our new place. It's quieter and when we look out the window we see trees. Nice. We're downsizing as every joint move we've made seems to cost us a closet. Check it. More are on our Flickr account.

Boo-hoo. It's good to purge excess stuff, and I for one find it cleansing. Among other, less gigantic items, we got rid of....wait for it......our tv! That's right, no more "boob tube". It was a lovely, hefty thing that we just weren't using all that much anymore. We had already given up our Netflix account, and FFXIII isn't due out forever. Sigh.

We've had mixed responses from people when we admit this change, but really, it's not that big of a deal. I mean, we never even had cable. Also, it should be noted it's not forever, as we both agree the release of the above mentioned video game is reason enough to get a new tv. After we sell a kidney, that is. The best part? A neighbor in our old building had a teeny little tv she found on the curb somewhere. She's very shy, and is the sort of person that's had a rough time of it. She was thrilled when we offered her ours, free of charge. We even hand delivered it to her. She was like a kid at xmas getting the latest awesomest toy when she really thought all she was getting was an ugly handknit sweater, or, worst yet, handknit socks. You know, the itchy scratchy kind. (Be warned, those who laugh, you might be next! I knit, you know! Mwahahaha!) Anyway, kid at xmas. We done good.
1 comment:
Congrats on the new home and your new baby.
Post a Comment