Yes, yes, you say, a chair. But take a closer look:
Not just any chair, but a chicken chair! Rose was minding her own business, hunting for two more wrought iron chairs to complete the dining set (Eek! Guests coming and nowhere to park 'em! I know I should have bought the set of 4 chairs but no, Johnny talked me out of it- when will we have guests, said he. Where will we store the chairs, said he) she stumbled upon this chair. While it is a little unclear how things progressed in such a fashion, we soon found ourselves whisked off to San Ramon. What? I know, so far, and I thought it was close or we'd have never made the journey. Anyway, I'm still not sure I'd be looking at in now if not for the distance, and even then what I think sold it was something the former owner said. Not that he offered it to us at half the price he'd listed it as- though it certainly helped- nor the fact that he insists it is an antique- it most certainly is not- but rather the fact that he greatly admires the chicken. In fact, this rather jolly, rotund fellow exclaimed, "It's the print on the cushion, the chicken really makes it pop!" Johnny was so delighted by this that he decided not to even bother bartering. Sold! Every time we look at that chicken, we grin. Not that we won't reupholster the thing as soon as we get our hands on a decent stapler.
1 comment:
What?! Reupholster? It's perfect!
Post a Comment