Sunday, December 02, 2007

No one ever posts on their blogs anymore!

what's with all you people? Huh? What? we havne't posted in a month? well...whatever. Lots of news. We got a new kitchen table...new for Rose, old for me. In my previous relationship, I put together an impressive collection of wrought iron furniture. Long story short, I ended up very few pieces of said furniture. Rose was good enough to find a dining room set for sale on craigslist just like the on e I used to have. She's too good to me. So we took a drive to Marin to pick up the goods (see below) and Rose sewed some snazzy seat cushion covers. It's good that she has so much patience...I would have given up and just sat on some towels or something. After throwing the sewing machine out the window. At a bum. Moving on, we're planning a few ski trips to Tahoe this winter...we're going for a weekend by ourselves right around X-mas (do your part to take the Christ out of Christmas, everyone.) and a two day trip with Bay Area Ski Bus in February to Northstar and Squaw Valley. We even got some ski boots, so we don't have to suffer the pain and humiliation of donning ill-fitting and often swampy rental boots. We got a great deal. Both of our boots were left overs from last year. Rose's are a pair of beginner/intermediate Nordicas and mine are Salomon's mid range racing boot, the Falcon 9. Mine were used once and returned, so I got a really good deal on them. On top of that, I got ten percent off of the whole thing for being a san francisco bicycle coalition member. Rose only has two more spanish classes and then gets a break for a month and a half. I'm excited about that. Or, should I say, "Soy emocionado acerca de eso. "

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I post on my blog - but yeah I know what you mean, seems like everyone has dropped out of site. I hope there will be snow for you up in Tahoe. My mom said that they coulnd't even keep the fake snow up there over Turkey day because it's been so warm.

rose said...

I didn't know you had one...send me the link!

Anonymous said...

Link away - http://katshavingkittens.blogspot.com
Okay and it's actually Kat's Having Kitten not Kat Shaving Kittens - didn't catch the way it looks until too late. Oh, well.