Sunday, September 07, 2008

Science fiction late night double feature

PART UNO

East bay is hella hot in the summer! Since our apartment has no AC, I installed a ceiling fan. It was difficult, but well worth it. We went bike riding on sunday, and that was alot of fun. Rose was a little cranky, but not as much as before due to her having a NEW BIKE! YAY! (pictures to come) That night we went on a group ride with teryaki chicken afterwards at the shop. Very fun.
I got tired of the hemming and hawing so I just brought it home one day and surprised her with it. We gave her old one to the daughter of a girl that Rose met on the group ride to Soquel last monday...

Electrician? I don't need no stinkin' electrician!


PART DOS



The banner pretty much says it all. The reason that I've not posted in forever and the reason no one has been able to get a hold of me for the last 2 weeks. Sorry about that. There were a few, shall we say, bumps in the road but things have smoothed out somewhat. Foist of all, the good people of the residency office at UCB have decided to grant me the coveted title of California State Resident. The difference from nonresident? Oh, only about $10,000 a semester. Second, the courses themselves. I'm finding it is challenging to go back to school after such a long time. While this may seem like a no-brainer to some, I really didn't think it would be that, well, hard. After some panic and tears, I learned:

a)I don't have to take chemistry my first semester back
b)I get more semesters than I thought
c)I truly am married to the most wonderful, patient man in the world

All very good news. Now, if I can only find a way to fit in Chem prep....

Oh, and the new bike totally rox my sox! Thank you, Johnny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, chemistry! I'm not sure that I'd take it at all, but then I suck at science, so there you go. I can empathize with the difficutly of going back to school and trying to find balance. Congrats on getting residency - I'll end up paying off student loans until I'm 80!