Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Back To the Daily Grind

Ah, the weekend is over...but this week's half over already! Our day trip to China Camp State Park was great. A good time was had by all (all meaning me.) Rose got a little upset during the second half of the ride, which was totally understandable cuz the trail was little beyond her ability. It wasn't technically difficult, but there were some long climbs and the trail surface was rocky at times...said times usually being right around a blind corner with a 200 ft. dropoff into a dell. Mountain biking actually is mountain biking in California. Not that I had to be reminded, but I feel that I really do have the most loving, caring partner ever. She indulges me when I get a little city crazy and need to be in the woods for a little by driving me to a state park and doing something she doesn't really enjoy for about three hours just to make me happy. I'm a very lucky fella. Being away from town and out in the woods reminded me just how much I miss nature. We're seriously thinking of getting a car so we can explore more of the coast. There's so much to see and do, but we're kind of stuck in the city without a car...we rent one from time to time but it's so expensive...I probably going to sell my motorcycle so we have a decent down payment. I'd really like to go skiing in Tahoe before the season's over too. Right now I'm spending a small fortune doing our laundry and thinking about making some tea...hmmmm

3 comments:

rose said...

Okay, first of all, I did nearly die. I almost slid off those 200 ft. drops twice, and when I did fall the only thing that stopped me from falling to the trail 9 ft below was mysteriously the only rail on the whole trail. In spite of this, I don't hate mountain biking all the time, just most of it. Secondly, to set the record straight, the car is a little bit of a pipe dream at this point. No money, one income source, astronomical rent, etc. We are so broke.

Anonymous said...

oh, what's a 200 ft fall? toughens you up!

johnny said...

one income source? just cuz I spend all of it at da club on the ladies doesn't mean I don't make the benjamin(s)! Holla!