Sunday, February 11, 2007

Exploring Hippie Street

I am making good on my resolution to learn new things. I'm starting an orientation at work, attending a knitting class next weekend, and trying my hand at making something for a friend. I'm even thinking about taking a 'safety class' for the scooter (more to lower my insurance than to learn) and some sewing lessons. The list goes on and on.

Johnny and I spent some time in the Haight this weekend, sellin' old clothes, smellin' some stinky hippies, and sippin' some white hot chocolate from a ridiculous local coffee house. Seriously, this place was so........San Francisco. Organic, fair-trade everything and political agenda to boot. That's all well and good, but really the only thing that got me excited was that they put rainbow-colored sprinkles on the whip cream in my drink. That did make me smile. We also found two good restaurants in walking distance. In my opinion, that's progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I lost your address so I guess I will have to post here. I have another activity for you guys! www.chinatownalleywaystours.org
405.984.1478
Reservations 5 days in advance, Saturdays 11am-1pm during school year. $18 a piece. It looks really interesting to me!

Amber

david golbitz said...

Another thing for you guys to do:

WonderCon!

It's a really fun, relatively small, comic book convention at the Moscone Center the first weekend of March.

I went in 2005 and really had a great time.

JLGB said...

oooo! a knitting class! how fun. and rainbow sprinkles - that would make me excited as well. I'm glad you're learning new things;I've been working hard on my cooking skils... but maybe that's one thing you shouldn't attempt without proper supervision... from the fire department - tee hee!

johnny said...

From past culinary catastrophes, I think JUST the fire depatment may not be adequate.