Saturday, July 21, 2007

Busy Saturday

Whew! today we got up early (for a weekend) and went to the Tour de Fat! It's a bike festival put on by New Belgium Brewing Co. (makers of Fat Tire Ale) and co-sponsored by the San Francsico Bicycle Coalition. It was a lot of fun...first there was a costumed bike parade/ride around Golden Gate Park, then various sideshows/musical acts. Our favorites were the Handsome Little Devils, a vaudeville-esque dancin', jugglin', singin', on fire pogo stickin', almost shootin' someone out of a cannon'n good time. They also had alot of different bikes to try out. I was thinking about getting a unicycle until I tried one today. I don't think I have the patience to learn to ride one. As the day wore on it got kinda busy, so we cleared out early...later on we went to our favorite local bookstore Green Apple Books and got the new Harry Potter. I read the end first. I don't like surprises. Around 11 or so we're heading downtown to see our neighbor DJ at an all asian trance/house event. busy day. Also, as of midnight tonight, Rose will be a quater century old. Happy Birfday!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Rose, welcome to the quarter century club!
Hope y'all didn't get too shook up the other day from the quake.
kat & chuck

rose said...

How is it that everybody heard about that? It wasn't even a big one!

raptorpack said...

That is the coolest bike ever...

Its okay rose. I didn't hear about it. I ain't worried. No earthquake is going to take down Cap't Rose and her merry band of Fat Tire circus performers.