Today we took a lovely bike ride to Mill Valley, which is just a little north of Marin. Pleasant little town, in the shadow of Mt. Tamalpais, which I climbed last weekend on a bike trip with some guys from Rose's work. It started out kinda rough though. I wasn't paying attention and hit a giant tree root in the path and fell. My bike is fine, even the front wheel, which by all means should resemble a taco. Whoever built those wheels sure did a good job. (patting myself on the back.) My side, knee, and elbow are fairly scraped up. My elbow especially. I lost a lot of skin, and I think a small chunk of bone thereby making the hole in my elbow bigger than it was before.(courtesy of a bike accident about ten years ago). On the bright side, I'm a few grams closer to my weight loss goal. We found a neat little park in Mill Valley, complete with a questionable rope swing, that probably had a 40-pound weight limit.


2 comments:
I love my accident prone husband, though I don't know if Rolling Pink Thunder would feel the same...
I wan't concerned about any of the injury issues, but weight loss??? Yikes! I had heard legend of the 'Frisco Fifteen, but I didn't believe it until now. Must be all the delivery sushi...
Post a Comment