Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Goings ons.

Well, I'm finally back to regular duty at work; the doctor gave me the ok, says my knee looks really good, and the remaining tendinitis should clear up on it's own in a month or two...I'm excited and not. It'll be nice to start making more money again, but I'm really disappointed. Rose will be getting every Thursday off at her work, so I asked if I could have off Thursdays too. No dice. I'm seriously considering looking for a new job anyway. At least a different messenger company. I also applied to get into the union carpenter apprenticeship program in the city. I always liked working with my hands, so I figure I'll give that a shot. In other news, we finally got our citrus press, aptly named the Mighty OJ. I had a glass of fresh squeezed OJ at a local coffee shop and decided that I must make my own. It works ok. it takes about 5 oranges to make a glass, but it's really good. not sugary at all. I think we'll try to make fresh lemonade this weekend. Other than that, life is peachy. I just wish Rose and I got to spend more time together. I'm really looking forward to her schedule change that will have her only working days.

2 comments:

david golbitz said...

Sucks about the job. It's tough working somewhere where you're not really happy. Good luck finding a new one.

Other than working on campus, I haven't had a "real" job since, like, late 2004/early 2005, but I am looking into getting an internship this summer in L.A. So that'd be somethin'.

JLGB said...

Opposite work schedules suck hard - I know how you feel (really, I do.)!