It's Monday, and I officially survived 2 full weeks in the OR. For anyone just getting up to speed, I work at UCSF (University of California San Francisco) Medical Center. Think UNMC, but on a San Francisco scale. Not to be confused with USF (University of San Francisco - Jesuit College and sister school to Creighton), or SFSU (San Francisco State University- part of the other state school system in California), or UC Berkley (same system, but offers undergrad while UCSF is a medical center, and has a medical school, nursing school, school of pharmacology and those crazy student dentists). Confused yet? Johnny is.
Anyway, about the sewing machine. I am still the proud owner of a 1970's Kenmore sewing machine. It represents the spoils of a prolonged battle betwixt my father and myself. He wanted it to stay. I said no. He thought that maybe, someday, he might actually learn how it works and sew......something? I said no. So I secretly packed it with my super ninja skills (it lived at my apartment already, as it has for nearly 3 years) and here it is. The appendectomy was my sister's, and she's okay. It happened the first week I was out here and it was horrid that I couldn't be there for her.
On a much happier note, Johnny found a job! He starts tomorrow as a bike messenger and I am very impressed. He gets his own radio and and a clipboard. Everyone looks official with a clipboard, he could take surveys on his lunch breaks and ask oddly personal questions if he so desired. I can hardly wait to hear about his first day. Also, our stuff arrived and we unpacked everything this past weekend. We just meant to tackle a little of it, but it was so exciting to have our things it was like Xmas! Some crazy lady that may live in our building took most of our boxes out of the trash and built something like a fort (complete with one of my father's old towels for a flag on the lightpole) on the curb in front of our building. More on her later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment