So today I started my illustrious career as a bike messenger...it was interesting, to say the least. very physically demanding. but fun...the most stressful part is not knowing my way around...I waste more time looking at my map than anything else...I'm a quick learner though....speaking of which, I have learned that peds (walking people) WANT to get hit by bicycles and cars...they must...that is the only explanation that makes sense for the behaviour I've witnessed today...people will look right at me and then jump out/walk out in front of me, then cuss at me and call me names when I almost hit them...the cussing and name calling part MUST be because I did'nt actually hit them...that's what I think anyway...my legs hurt...I made cuppin' cakes...rose got sushi take out for dinner...umm...that's about all that happened today...we'll put some pictures up in a few days, once we dig out the camera...we are MAYBE coming back to omaha for thanksgiving, but its not for sure yet...tickets are hella expensive...i'm out.
robert...er, I mean johnny. rose is having an easier time with this new name thing than I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Johnny!
That's awesome that you were able to land a job so quickly. I'm sure it'd be easier if it weren't for all the damned people. I'd suggest just running them over, but I'm sure your boss wouldn't appreciate it.
How are you handling all the hills? I had a hard enough time just walking around that city. I can't imagine what it must be like on a bike.
yeah...after calling about 25 companies that were not hiring, I finally found work...I would like nothing more than to run some of them over...but I do actually have a probation period...the hills are allright so far...the ride to and from work is the hardest part. I ride about 50 miles a day, including to and from work, so it's not that bad.
When I was in Berkeley I went a few places on my rollerblades, and the stupid people were just as bad. I ran off the path and crashed when 6 people walking towards me in a row refused to budge even a little. A biker was the only one to even ask if I was alright.
Post a Comment