This weekend was great...yesterday we just kinda relaxed, got rose's scooter a tune up, and went shopping on Clement St., which is kinda like a miniature Chinatown about 4 blocks away from us...we got a two-pound bag of live mussels and a bag of tiger prawns (striped shrimp)...both were really good, and tasted way fresher than anything I've ever had in Omaha, which makes sense, because they
were fresh. Today we rode bike across the Golden Gate bridge (see pics) and down around the waterfront. We found a really cool outdoor/sports store called Sports Basement...think Canfields, only really good stuff for biking, snowboarding, running, camping, etc. Rose bought me a new saddle (seat) for my bike, which I really appreciate, since the stock saddle on my bike is kinda crappy and makes me not want to sit on it at the end of the day. I'm thinking about dyeing my hair, but I can't find any decent dye...All I can find is Manic Panic at Sally Beauty, and that stuff washes out in 2 days...I'm also thinking about getting a haircut...a mohawk perhaps. It's weird, I can't get out of the mindset that I can't make myself look too out of the ordinary or I'll get in trouble at work (the post office). Not that my present coworkers look all that unusual, but I feel boring compared to some of the people I see at work. Since Rose and I couldn't find cheap tickets to come back to Omaha for Christmas, we're looking for a nice hotel to spend christmas in; somewhere that has a spa so Rose can get a good massage...I try, but I don't think my skills are up to par. Anyway, back to work tomorrow, the weekends go by too fast.



No comments:
Post a Comment