Well, I just met with the insurance adjuster handling my case for the bike accident, and on top of getting enough money to buy a new bike since mine was "totalled", I get to keep my bike(dubbed the Great Pumpkin for it's lovely orange color) too. Awesome! I love my bike alot. It's become a good friend since I've lived here. So I ordered a new crankset (which is really all that was wrong with it, the rest of the stuff is cosmetic), it should be here on Thursday. I'm gonna drop off my bike on Wednesday before we leave to fly back to Omaha, and it'll be done when we get back. I'm pretty happy with the way everything has worked out so far. I took some time to tune up my bike, put new brake pads on (being able to stop is good) and played some LOZ today...not a whole lot going on today...we're excited to come back to Omaha to visit friends and family, and we have a whole list of restaurants we want to go to...how weird is it that we miss the food in Omaha? I will make this list public so that any readers of the blog who may wish to accompany us can choose their favorite:
1. Espana
2. Jaipur
3. Greek Islands
4. Wheatfields (breakfast)
5. Hiro (Friday or Saturday 10 pm to midnight happy hour)
6. Grand Fortune (Sat. or Sun. afternoon for dim sum)
7. Tokyo Kitchen
We get in at 8:30 on Thursday and leave early monday morning. If the snow holds out we want to go sledding/tubing at memorial park too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Snow? What snow? You're better off finding someone who has a 4WD truck to go muddin'. Yeehaw, Omaha!
BTW, Tokyo Kitchen has a new owner, who I think is Korean. His name is Andy. He added bulgoki to the menu and udon soup. He also raised prices, which I think is fine. The former owners are opening a Chinese fusion place in March on 144th & Maple. The restaurant per capita ratio just got a little larger.
Post a Comment