Sunday, January 28, 2007

Relaxing weekend

We had a really great, relaxing weekend. Both days included sleeping until 11 o'clock...Saturday we went to a little man made lake in golden gate park and rented a row boat. I would have rather had a kayak, but it was alright. g\Great weather, enjoyable company. When Rose finally gets accepted to med school, and should she attend and Ivy League school, I would have to recommend steering clear of the rowing team. She makes a better cap'n than an oarsman, I'm afraid. Sunday we visited a friend of Rose's from the hospital who's house-sitting for another co-worker. He was a surprisingly good cook. We also might be going to Lake Tahoe with him sometime in the coming few weeks...I would love to go skiing again. I miss it a lot. Tahoe is about a 3-hour drive from the city, so it's really not that bad. Tomorrow morning I go and take the maintenance battery for the post office (test you have to take before getting a job)...being as I have no experience in maintenance of any kind save bicycles, I'm not very hopeful about getting in. I signed up for the career battery too, which won't be for another few months or so. That's the one that encompasses carriers, mail handlers, clerks, and all processing positions. I really hate the post office, but I need to make more than minimum wage (even if minimum wage in SF is $9.14). Being a courier is great, but it just don't pay the bills.

-Don't shoot the messenger. (or run him over, or open a door into him!)

No comments: