Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Status Quo

Things are settling back into our usual routine. My job is causing undue stress, our neighbors are crazy, and Johnny hit a car. That's right, Johnny thought he'd spice things up a little and try his luck with a stationary object this time. On the way home from my job (he meets me every night so I have a riding buddy- rain or shine- that's love for you :) we were just about 3 blocks from the hospital when an unsuspecting motorist threw open his driver's side door with all due abandon and flair. Johnny, unfortunately, was about 1.5 seconds from said door. Smash. Not to be outdone, as I watched him crash I briefly lost focus of what was immediately in front of me and recovered just in time to hit the same door. Little smash. We're both okay, though we both have very sore shoulders, mine from the door, his from pavement. Johnny's also sporting a fantastic goose egg on his hip. I've never actually seen one before, and must admit is is quite impressive. Bike damage...well, see photo below.
In happier news, we are proud to announce the display of our first piece of local art from Omaha. We made the aquisition during our recent visit from the artist himself. It is an original, custom piece and gorgeous at that. Thanks Sam! The rest of our trip was equally enjoyable. The only disappointment was not being able to spend time with all of our friends in Omaha. We were only in town 4 days, and the time went rather quickly between two families. Next time.

4 comments:

rose said...

If you click on the art and enlarge it, you'll notice it is dedicated to me! Yay!

david golbitz said...

That is some nice art right there. And I must say, that magnet holding its lower-left corner is pretty sharp, too.

JLGB said...

I'd like to see a picture of the fantastic goose egg!

rose said...

That magnet is gorgeous as well. Sorry, Jen, the goose egg part is done, now it just looks like the mother of all bruises.